- At Stanley Primary, we strongly believe in fulfilling our statutory requirement to be an inclusive school. We support all children with SEND to engage in activities to children who do not have SEND, so that they are able to engage fully in all elements of the curriculum including sport, art, music, trips etc.
- We follow the advice in The National Curriculum Framework on how to adapt the curriculum and the learning environment for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in the classroom, some children have access to sensory spaces, individual work stations and technology. Outside of school, our children have benefitted from specific adaptations so that they have been able to access after school clubs, school trips, residential trips and workshops. We also incorporate the advice provided as a result of assessments, both internal and external, and the strategies described in Education, Health and Care Plans.
- The school site is fully accessible to children with physical disability via lifts. For children with visual impairments, adjustments are made to the immediate environments so support their independent access to all activities
- We ensure that equipment used is accessible to all children regardless of their needs
- Access arrangements are made by the SENDCO for children with SEND who take part in Standard Attainments Tests (SATs) in Year 6
- Support is provided for children with SEND who require it at lunchtimes and breaks
Where external advisors recommend the use equipment or facilities, which the school does not have, we will purchase it using the notional SEND funding as appropriate, or seek to find additional funding where possible. For highly specialist communication equipment the school will seek the advice of relevant professionals.