Geography is a foundation subject in the National Curriculum. This policy outlines the purpose and delivery of the Geography curriculum and implementation is the responsibility of all teaching staff overseen by the co-ordinator.
The objectives of teaching Geography are:
• To inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives.
• To equip pupils with a knowledge of diverse places, people and resources.
• To equip pupils with a knowledge of natural and human environments.
• To develop pupils’ understanding of the interaction between physical and human processes.
• To develop pupils’ understanding of the formations and use of landscapes and environments.
• To develop children’s geographical knowledge, understanding and skills to explain how the Earth’s features are shaped, interconnected and change over time.
Stanley Primary School, Strathmore Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8UH
Tel: 020 8977 4858