The SENCO at Stanley Primary School is Janine Rasch, who is a qualified teacher and has been a SENCO continuously since before 1 Sept 2009 and is not required to undertake the National Award for SEN/D Co-ordination.
Janine Rasch is available on 02089774858 or email@example.com. Her working days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The Inclusion Leader
The Inclusion Leader at Stanley Primary School is the deputy head teacher.
The deputy head teacher is available on 02089774858 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both the SENCo and Inclusion Leader are responsible for:
• Developing the school’s SEN/D policy to make sure all children get appropriate support and high quality teaching
• Coordinating all the provision for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEN/D)
• Ensuring as parents, you are: involved in supporting your child’s learning, informed about the support your child is getting, involved in reviewing your child’s progress, supported through other agencies such as your GP, local charities and support organisations, the local authorities information, advice and support service
• Liaising with external agencies who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning, for example, the Speech and Language Therapist, Educational Psychologist or Occupational Therapist
• Updating the school’s SEN/D register (a system for ensuring all the SEN/D needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that there are excellent records of your child’s progress and needs
• Providing specialist guidance to colleagues in the school so they can help children with SEN/D in the school achieve the best progress possible
• Liaising with potential next providers of education to ensure a smooth transition is planned
Class Teacher Responsible for:
• High quality teaching that meets the learning needs of all pupils
• Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things like targeted work, additional support) in agreement with the SENCo/ Inclusion Leader
• Delivering on Individual Education Plans (IEP), and sharing and reviewing these with parents at least once each term and planning for the next term
• Ensuring that all staff working with your child in school are helped to deliver the planned work/programme for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress; this may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources
• Ensuring that the school’s SEN/D Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEN/D
Inclusion Leader Responsible for:
• Ensuring the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEN/D
Head Teacher Responsible for:
• The day to day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the support for children with SEN/D
SEN/D Governor, on behalf of the Governing body, Responsible for:
• Making sure the necessary support is made for any child who attends the school who has SEN/D.
Stanley Primary School, Strathmore Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8UH
Tel: 020 8977 4858