- At Stanley Primary we strongly believe in fulfilling our statutory requirement to be an inclusive school.
- We follow the advice in The National Curriculum Framework on how to adapt the curriculum and the learning environment for pupils with special educational needs.
- We also incorporate the advice provided as a result of assessments, both internal and external, and the strategies described in statements of special educational needs / Education, Health and Care Plans.
- The school site is fully accessible to children with physical disability via lifts
- We ensure that equipment used is accessible to all children regardless of their needs
- Extra-curricular activities are accessible for children with SEN/D
- Access arrangements are made by the SENCo/Inclusion Leader for children with SEN/D who take part in Standard Attainments Tests (SATs) in Year 6
- Support is provided for children with SEN/D who require it at lunchtimes and breaks
Where external advisors recommend the use equipment or facilities which the school does not have, we will purchase it using the notional SEN/D funding, or seek to find additional funding. For highly specialist communication equipment the school will seek the advice of relevant professionals.
- Stanley Primary School’s Accessibility Plan is detailed in our Inclusion Policy