‘Special educational provision is underpinned by high quality teaching and is compromised by anything less’ (SEN/D CoP, 2015)
- At Stanley Primary School we strive to remove barriers to learning and set ambitious targets and high expectations for all pupils.
- Class Teachers plan lessons according to the specific needs of all groups of children in their class and will ensure that your child’s needs are met
- Specially trained support staff can adapt the teachers planning to support the needs of your child where necessary. This will be done under the guidance of the SENDCO
- Specific resources, reasonable adjustments and individualised strategies will be used to support your child as advised by relevant professionals, such as Educational Psychologists and Speech and Language Therapists. This might include things like photocopying your child’s work on different colour paper, providing your child with teaching aids such as word mats, supporting behaviour through reward charts or physical aids such as sloping desks. For some children in KS2, software such as Clicker6/EnglishType, will be made available.
- Planning and teaching will be adapted on a daily basis if needed to meet your child’s learning needs