We recognise that transitions can be difficult for a child with SEN/D and take steps to ensure that any transition is a smooth as possible.
• If your child is moving to another school:
We are pleased to receive praise for our handling of transitions between schools.
One parent in last year’s leaver survey commented “The SENCo at Stanley coordinated a perfect transition by bringing together all professional, my son and ourselves and drawing up an appropriate course of action to ensure a flawless transition”
Another parent comment “I have been advised by the Education Advisor that the transition for my son was textbook and the school should be given as an example of a perfect transition for children with SEN”
• When moving classes in school:
• In Year 6:
In addition, for children with a statement or EHC plan we will:
• Hold the Annual Review in Year 5 at the end of the Autumn Term or beginning of the Spring Term to plan for your child’s needs in secondary school
• Hold a Transition meeting in Year 5 Summer Term to discuss your preferred secondary school choices
• Hold the Annual Review in Year 6 at the end of the Spring Term or beginning of the Summer Term and invite the SENCo of the named secondary school to attend.
Stanley Primary School, Strathmore Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8UH
Tel: 020 8977 4858