Today we launched the next value in our values education project, ‘Honesty’. Honesty is:
- Always telling the truth, never stealing or cheating
- Not hiding the truth about something, being sincere
- Being able to share honestly how you feel.
Some examples of behaviours that demonstrate this value are:
- Being able to own up fairly
- Speaking the truth, even if it is difficult for you
- Knowing that sometimes telling the truth, even though we have been told not to tell, is the best thing to do
- Not covering up the truth
- Integrity/ being true to yourself
- Courage to tell the truth
- Responding to and growing own conscience
- Having the sensitivity to know how and when to speak the truth
- Sharing insightful understanding of possible consequence to not telling the truth
- Being honest about how you feel
- Being honest enough with yourself to accept constructive criticism.
Please could you discuss ‘Honesty’ with children at home, and explore ways to reinforce it. Each week we will give special certificates to those children who demonstrate good values, and these will be displayed in the office reception area. Please feel free to come and look at them!